Friday, May 21, 2010

Prickly Pear

Do you know that email that circulated around with all the misspellings in it but you could still read it? I aced it. I've noticed recently that I'm not very good at reading every single word. I have a class that I do their read aloud. I have to really concentrate to read every word. I guess I'm used to skipping words. It's doesn't work well for librarians. :)

Case in point: Last weekend Aunt Vicki came up for a rodeo. We all met her on Saturday morning for breakfast. I looked over Kelsie's menu and told her her choices. Without really looking at it I said she could get a Prickly Pear, then it became a Prickly Bear and when the waiter brought it out he said it was actually a Perky Bear. I guess I need to work on my reading skills. But just maybe they need to work on there presentation. Here is what it was supposed to look like. (Doesn't it look prickly?)This is what came.
Thanks for breakfast Aunt Vicki. Even if I didn't read the menu right. Come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment